Timber Procurement Policy
Eucatex works hard to preserve and conserve the environment, promote sustainable development and foster social and economic well-being. To achieve these goals, it undertook a commitment to control all its timber sources that are not FSC®-certified by not purchasing timber from sources involved in the following situations:
- Illegally harvested timber.
- Timber harvested on forest areas where civil or traditional rights are violated.
- Timber harvested on forest areas that are not FSC-certified, have high conservation value or are threatened.
- Natural forests that were converted into planted forest or that have non-forestry uses.
- Timber harvested from forests formed by genetically modified (GM) trees.